[Call for Papers for RDD] Issue on Urban-rural Linkages in Support to the New Urban Agenda (Due date for Abstracts: 30 June 2015) - 19 Jun 2015Introduction
UN Habitat and the United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD) are compiling selected papers in the issue of Regional Development Dialogue (RDD) on Urban-rural Linkages in Support to the New Urban Agenda. The issue will be co-edited by UNCRD and UN-Habitat. This issue will contribute to the debate on the role of urban-rural linkages in the post-2015 development agenda and to Habitat III debate on the "new urban agenda." As part of the process of preparing the issue, UN-Habitat and UNCRD are jointly organizing an expert group meeting where selected abstracts and papers will be presented.
The preselected papers will contribute to discussions during the expert group meeting on urban-rural linkages to be organized tentatively from 27 to 29 October 2015 in Bogota, Colombia. The papers selected through internal review will be published in RDD, Vol. 35, 2014 (theme: "Urban-rural Linkages in Support to the New Urban Agenda"). The issue will be published in 2016.
The issue is welcoming submissions covering areas such as:
1. Food security systems, agriculture and a "sustainability chain" for all
2. Spatial flows of products, services and information/expertise
3. Reducing the environmental impact and building resilience against climate change and disaster
4. Urban-rural continuum in the face of political instability, conflicts and wars
5. Mobility and migration (including youth, gender and human rights perspectives)
6. EST for sustainable urban-rural interaction
7. Rural urbanization, the development of small and intermediate towns
8. Territory and spatial planning for balanced urban and rural development
9. Enhancing capacity for effective legislation and good governance
10. Inclusive economic development and investment, markets, infrastructure and finance in both urban and rural areas
11. Role of partnerships in promoting urban-rural linkages
12. Regional and country perspectives on urban-rural linkages
The issue will also particularly welcome papers with new and innovative approaches in engaging on Urban-Rural Linkages, and papers presenting regional (subnational) and national perspectives with reference to specific case studies.
This issue particularly welcomes papers with new and innovative approaches in engaging on Urban-Rural Linkages, and papers presenting regional (subnational) and national perspectives with reference to specific case studies.
- Submission for Abstracts (200-300 word): 30 June 2015
- Abstract acceptance Notification: 15 July 2015
- Full paper Submission (5,000- 6,000 word): 30 August 2015
- Pre-screening of papers for the EGM: September 2015
- Presentation of selected papers at an EGM: October 2015 (possible meeting of the Reference Group at the margins of the EGM)
- Review and feedback on the papers; Some will be asked to submit formal comments (to be published as comments in the Journal):
15 November 2015
- Proposed date of publishing: 2016
Please kindly send your submissions to: Jackson.Kago@unhabitat.org
We look forward to your contribution and receiving your abstract.